Despite the ravages of Covid-19 glamping pods can seem an attractive investment. You may not know, but there are many options to finance glamping pods to start your business. Once people are able to move freely again, though maybe wary of long haul travel, they will be hungry to relax and holiday in beautiful surroundings. Glamping pods will be desirable holiday destinations, so how can you invest in some?
It is important to emphasise here that every potential investor has their own circumstances and requirements, so there will not be a single golden solution about how to finance pods. What we can do is offer some aspects to think about as you decide which option is right for your business.
- Self-financed from funds already in the owner’s possession – few potential owners will be able to do this.
- Hire purchase – not really suitable for land purchase, and expensive, but quite readily available.
- Finance leasing – some tax advantages, but careful thought about the end of agreement progress is needed.
- Bank loan – cheaper than hire purchase and finance leasing, but the bank may impose conditions.
- Mortgage – good for land purchase, but may not be suitable for pods.
- Issue of shares – only really an option for large established businesses.